I have learned the importance of prioritizing daily tasks and have been reminded that not everything goes according to plan. At the start of a day you are presented with a list of tasks to accomplish and all of a sudden you are given a “HOT” task. You must switch gears & focus on that task.
1. Turn OFF Social Media Facebook, Twitter, cell phones; anything that will distract you
3. Figure out a systematic way to stay organized, track your progress, and time spent on each task
4. Take a note pad with you to take notes- ask questions and expectations
5. Focus on each task at hand
6. Celebrate your successes
7. Realize the importance of each task you complete and the integral role for the company
The big picture is this, it takes time to develop new skills and get used to a new environment. Yes, it is imperative that each task you complete you do your best but, finding your personal best in an ad agency takes time. At first it may seem that you have more failures then successes saying “this took me longer than what I thought” or “I have to keep asking for help” it is imperative to not feel defined by the challenges you face.
Stay focused, do your best, & communicate with those around you when help is needed. Realize, that we are our biggest critiques and that your employer wants you to succeed.